Thursday, February 15, 2007

The Day After

Yesturday was the biggest love day of the year. I get the question of, mommy you love us all year so why don't we get chocolate all year? I told them it was an extra special day to show love and to make sure everyone knows how much they are loved. Miss Keona looks at me and says, mommy it would take you years to show how much you love me because there it's just too much.

My husband calls from work yesturday and says not to eat supper that he will make us a nice dinner for when I get home from the library with Alex, which is after 8. I had a little bit at supper because my body was telling me to eat or it would start being mean to me. I bought a bottle of wine on the way home and came into the house with my husband making dinner in his good suit, all the kids in bed (Alex on his way) and the table set up all nice, tablecloth, candles and all. It was so romantic and sweet. The wine was gone and there was some food leftover.

He went to bed with high expectations, he also drank a little much and wasn't the most gentle in the delicate areas (twice) and the dog was whining to get out of Alex's room, so I told him to bug off. He got all pissy but oh well. Later in the night he tried again but the dog was in bed too and kept ticking my feet so that just killed the moment. The time three came along and Keona decided she needed cuddling. Talk about getting shafted last night. So now I suppose he will be mopey all day. Oh well, dinner was romantic and really wonderful, the wine was great, it was all in all a really nice Valentine's day.

Today is back to regular love and a pajama party tonight at my kids school. From suits, dresses and candles to pjs and hot cocoa. One extreme to the next, the ongoing saga of our life.

No comments: