Sunday, February 24, 2008

Soccer

When watching kids play soccer never blink, especially if it's your child playing. I was positive I was watching Zachary play all year and a bit last week but really today the boy seems to have improved so much. I am very proud of him. Somethings he does I don't even see older kids doing. He isn't scared to go after a kid twice his size and try to get the ball. He is a year too young to make the development team but has been given the ok to go and try out. I think this is really exciting but realistically don't expect him to make it. It would be a huge surprise if he did, a pleasant surprise mind you.

Alex on the other hand is good too. Today there was only one time he wasn't in position during the game and he scored back to back goals within a couple minutes of each other. I was very proud of him. He will also show up to tryouts for the developmental team. All the boys on the team need to go to try outs still or they risk loosing their spot if the coaches see a player they think will be better. Some how both my boys will be at both try outs, one will likely (hopefully) be thrilled and the other will be back to try again next time.

My nerves go back and forth whether Alex is going to make the team. I think i'm more nervous than he is. He has been trying really hard and even in the last month has improved tons more. The test is March Break to see if he's done enough to make it. I'm a true soccer mom.

No comments: