Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Chicken

Today was a chilly but sunny day when I got up. I remember that before I worked I went to a bible study on Wednesday mornings and really felt good - physically and mentally. With everything going on I stopped going and then I couldn't when I worked. I started getting depressed some and really not myself at all. Well today, I got up, remembered it was Wednesday and told Timothy he was going to another play group. Off we go to bible study. The Christian community center here is in a duplex. The ladies go on one side for the bible study and the other side is set up like a daycare for kids. It's wonderful. One of the ladies who was there before was there and Timothy was very happy to see her. Definately made that a trouble free drop off. I was warmly welcomed back as well. One of the ladies was sorry that I lost my job but glad I was back.

What does this all have to do with chicken though you are likely wondering. No I didn't get any while there and I didn't play it either. My husband left for work and we passed ways on our way back. I get into the house and look on the oven and there are these 4 beautiful chicken breasts on the oven. Which means that's what's for supper tonight - great man he is, he won't be home but pulled out meat anyways. These are so big though I can make 2 for the 5 of us. The three little kids can eat one and my oldest and I can share the other one. These breasts are the size of my hand and a little bigger. The thickest part is over an inch thick. I ate chicken 2 nights ago with one breast, made 2 chicken tacos and the kids had hamburger meat in theirs and one breast was too much for the tacos I made. I ate the difference mind you. (That meal was only 550 calories for dinner - it was a good day). I love chicken but can already hear the groans from my oldest child - he's my red meat boy, something we don't eat often in our home.

No comments: