Saturday, April 10, 2010

Weekend update

Alex is on his cruise with my dad. The two will be gone another 8 days. I had to get up way to early to bring them to the airport but the benefit is I have a vehicle while they are away but the downside is they come home really late at night and I am usually in bed by then but have to go pick them up. I wish I could see his face as he sees so many things for the first time. I know they will come back with lots of pictures though.

The weight loss battle continues. I've been working out daily and really watching what I heat. Bob Harper (from the biggest loser) put out a challenge of no pop for the whole month. I decided to do join in on the challenge. Today was a hard day for it. We went to the movies and got a snack - I always get pop. I was strong - or maybe stupid - and asked for water. Not sure what they put in it but for the price you pay it should be good. Other times where I have had to try is when I took Timothy to Subway for lunch the other day. Pop would have been great with my meal - I always get it. I did good though and had milk instead. I feel really good because I didn't get the "usual" beverage of choice when I was out this week - rather opted for the healthier one. After eating way too many chocolates last weekend I also gave myself another challenge - NO chocolate for the rest of the month. I am doing AWESOME at this one as well. The temptation is right beside me - every day as I sit at the computer - but I don't touch it. My dad even had some dark chocolate and made me smell it and I still said NO - that one was easy because i'm not a dark chocolate fan. For me not to have pop or chocolate is a really hard thing but I am doing it. I'm not weighting myself in every day - I can't do that it would drive me crazy, my weigh in is on Mondays. I am hoping to see some good news.

No comments: