Monday, April 26, 2010

Better week

Well this week has been better. Saturday I was worn out after spending the afternoon outside celebrating my SIL's 40th birthday, I had no work out energy left. It was a great afternoon and very good food. I was really glad it was my cheat day. My body likes cheat day but has also realized I can't eat as much as I use to be able too - which is a good thing. They had pop and I am happy to say that I left it alone and only had 1 coffee all afternoon. The pop and beer was there and boy did I want one but left it all alone. I feel proud for doing that. I feel like I have more control over what I eat/drink. This month is almost over and I can do it!!!!

Being Monday though it was a weigh in day. After last weeks disappointment I have to admit that I was scared about what the scale would say. I know this week I watched more carefully what I ate. Although missed Saturdays workout I ran 10 minutes - which was 1 1/3 miles or 2.15 km this time. I haven't ran that far in a very long time. Today though my calfs and upper back are really sore. I think I will time it around my block and instead of running in the livingroom run around the block instead. Now that it's so nice outside.

But down to the part people are most curious about. I lost another 2lbs - only 20lbs to go until I reach my first goal. I say first because I have alot more weight than that to loose but if I take it in steps it will be so much easier.

Things I did this week to help - worked out, watched my calories better, had fun and today I took the skin fat off the chicken before marinating it to bbq. Something that will be better for the whole family. My youngest loves watching me work out and on and off will work out with me, that is when he isn't laughing at Bob on the wii or falling asleep. I have positioned my workouts to happen after lunch, prime sleeping time for a little boy. And if sitting on the couch watching makes him fall asleep is that really my fault?

I needed this better week to keep motivated easier. I will not give up. This is something that needs to be done. Summer is coming up and I don't want to be a total blob in my bathing suit because if this Winter/Spring is any indication of what's to come this summer it's going to be a hot one.

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

Good work this week! Are there any good running paths in Thunder Bay? They may be more interesting to run.

pbfwood said...

It's not just the running paths but having someone watch Timothy and then the other kids so I can. Not the safest place to run in the evening without a group of people.