Monday, January 8, 2007

And so it Begins

Hiding while Keona consumes her yogurt and Timothy sits playing. If I wasn't good at animal sounds and the alphabet I am now with Timothy's new Christmas toy, the little people alphabet mat. School has gone back and I can breathe again, although it seems too quiet around here. Only two kids home today. Tomorrow Keona will be back to school also, now that will be a peaceful quiet.

Alex and Zachary are both at school. Zachary loves the fact he could go back and see all his friends and show off his battle scars from the break. He was sledding and face planted the ground and now has a scraped up chin. He had a blast doing it though. Alex wasn't happy, he is my dads favourite and was spoiled by going trucking twice over Christmas with him. Now he won't get to do that again until at least March, and that's only a maybe. He forgets that my dad does come and visit periodically throughout the year, not just on school holidays.

I'm holding out and going uphill now our routine is back in place. Not being in school puts everyone and everything out of place. I would it rather be like one of my friends and the kids only be out a week, why oh why couldn't they go back last week?

The good news is I have a new daycare boy starting tomorrow. He's a cutie and is starting off very slowly to get use to coming before mom has to go back to work next month. A friend for Timothy. I do feel bad with the daycare and Keona, poor kid is the only girl with a house full of boys. In the summer I can have 8-10 kids running around and yet just one girl.

I hear an unpleasant sound coming from Timothy so I should go and make sure it's just sounds and not a present left behind as he sits giggling at me.

No comments: